- Carob is a great dairy free substitute for chocolate. Carob has health benefits over chocolate, it is lower in calories, fat, caffeine free and only 13 calories per tablespoon.
- It is naturally sweet so it does not need sugar to sweeten it!
- One tablespoon carob flour has 2 grams or 10% daily recommended fiber. Fiber can help lower blood glucose and cholesterol levels. can also help with weight loss.
- 2 1/2 C. sifted almond flour
- 1/2 C. carob powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1/2 C. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6-8 drops Young Living Citrus Fresh Essential Oil
- 1 1/2 C. grated zucchini
- 1 C. pecan pieces
- 1 C. cut up dates
- Cream together with mixer, coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add eggs, blend well.
- Add dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- Fold in pecans and dates. (Change it up with any dried fruit or nuts, say cherries and walnuts or apricots and almonds!)
- Bake approx. 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven, in a greased and floured bunt pan.
- Let cool completely.
For additional information and uses of the oils mentioned here, please click here.