Green beans are good source of dietary fiber, are low in calories and have no saturated fat. Lots of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 lb. washed green beans
- 1 1/2# washed sunchokes cut up into equal size pieces
- 1/4 cup diced up scallion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/3 – 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs. agave syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt to taste
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- Blanch green beans for 3 minutes then cool in ice water.
- Boil the sunchokes, keeping them a little crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon essential oil to olive oil to mix it up.
- In a large serving bowl add all the ingredient together and toss well.
- I usually use a bowl with a lid so I can make it the night before and shake the bowl
- upside down and right side up so the dressing coats the vegetables.
For additional information and uses of the oils mentioned here, please click here.