Benefits of Celery Root
- Celery root is rich in vitamins A,C,K, and E. Celery root has many therapeutic properties. It supports the digestive system and improves the function of the liver and bladder.
- Helps as an anti-inflammatory with arthritis pain and swelling. Celery root is high in fiber.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 celery roots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup broth
- olive oil to saute
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup soy cream (or your favorite substitute)
- 3-4 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 tbs. chives
- Prepare the cauliflower by washing it and separating it into small pieces
- Wash and peel the celery root. Cut it into chunks (like potatoes)
- In a pot with a lid saute in olive oil the garlic and shallot until soft
- Add the chicken broth and the cauliflower and celery root
- Cover the pot and cook until tender
- Do not throw away any of the broth.
- In a food processor or vita mix, spoon in the veggies. If some liquid comes with, that’s fine.
- Add to that the soy sour cream, lemon essential oil. Pulse until it resembles mash potatoes.
- If necessary add some of the broth that you cooked the veggies in.
- Garnish with the chives.