- 1- 16oz. bag of dried peas
- 7 cups of water
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tbs. Better than Bouillon
- 1 tbs. Oil to keep the peas from clumping
Wash the peas and put them in a large pot with all the rest of the above ingredients. Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer for about 3 hours.
- 1 1/2 cups of thinly diced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 drops Young Living Thyme essential oil
- 2 drops Young Living Lemon essential oil
Add the essential oil to the olive oil. Put the oil in a sauté pan and add the shallot and garlic. Sauté it slightly then add the carrots and celery. Cook until soft.
Add to the soup and stir it all together.
Before serving, if you want a tang add a few drops of lemon juice or rice vinegar. The soup can be topped with diced tomatoes and dollop of coconut cream.