Turkey is low in fat without the skin. Get your daily dose of folic acid. Turkey is a good source of vitamins B1,B, B6, zinc and potassium.
Organic turkey will help maintain optimum testosterone levels in men, or at best give them a good dose of the amino acid, tryptothan so they just fall asleep. When they wake up the B12 will encourage healthy mood levels! Win. win.
- 1 1/2 lb. of ground turkey meat (I used the thigh meat)
- 1 cup beets, carrots, and zucchini and pulse ground in a food processor
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1 – 10 oz. packet of Simply Organic french onion dip mix
- 2 tbs. pesto paste
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs (see recipe)
- sea salt (approx. 1 tsp.)
- crushed red pepper
- 5 drops Young Living Basil Essential Oil
- Spray a large bar pan with spray oil to broil meatballs on.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ground vegetables and add the Basil essential oil, mix it well.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix them well.
- Make the meatballs, spray the top of them on the bar pan and broil 10 min.
- Turn them over and brown other side.
Gravy (in a large skillet)
- Saute 1/2 cup chopped onion and 2 cloves minced garlic
- Add: 2 cups broth
- 1/4 cup wheat free tamari
- 1/2 cup wine
- Bring to boil.
- Combine 1 Tbs. gluten free flour and 1/4 cup of broth. (This is to thicken the gravy)
- Add to the boiling gravy, turn down to simmer and let thicken. Add the meatballs and let them finish cooking.
- If you would like a creamier gravy, (I do), take out the meatballs and add
- 1 cup of dairy alternative sour cream. (I use Tofutti sour cream)
- For additional information and uses of the oils mentioned here, please click here.